He Moni Whakaata Wananga
- VIDEO 1: This 7 minute video (click here) is presented by Beau Taare, Tilly Te Koingo Reedy and George Konia.
- PROGRAMME PRESENTATIONS:
- 'Smart Money'/'He Moni Whakaata' - Introduction
- Saving and Investing (Whakatipu moni)
- Planning and Budgeting (Titiro whakamua)
- Managing debt (Whakakore nama)
He Moni Whakaata
He Moni Whakaata is part of a series of Ngati Porou reo wananga sponsored by Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Maori. The purpose of He Moni Whakaata is to increase the use of te reo among whanau in a forum that is primarily pakeha and to raise financial awareness at a basic level on topics such as budgeting, saving and investing and debt management. The wananga will be delivered in te reo and english. Te Taurahere o Ngati Porou ki Poneke is committed to the ongoing revitalisation of our reo. We want to strengthen and encourage the use of te reo by increasing opportunities for Ngati Porou to engage and connect with each other on a regular basis. Chair, Sir Tamati Reedy and Deputy Chair, Matehaere Konia were often approached to initiate more formal reo wananga. These wananga are in response to those requests.
VIDEO 1: This 7 minute video (click here) is presented by Beau Taare, Tilly Te Koingo Reedy and George Konia. It comprises 3 sections:
- What is the purpose of He Moni Whakaata?
- Why is He Moni Whakaata so important?
- What areas are covered in the wananga?
There are a series of seven wananga in the He Moni Whakaata programme. The first two wananga were delivered in 2016 and the remaining 5 will be delivered in 2017 starting in February. They are: